Thursday, April 23, 2009

Numbers

I was on my work this morning and rethinking yesterday when two funny comments had me laughing again. I thought that I would share them with you.
After work the boys and I took Grandma and Grandpa Hilton to the airport. (Congrats Cameron on your graduation) On the way back home I thought I'd get the boys a simple treat since Mom was off at a party (her fifth Birthday celebration) and we had some time.
Dean is very aware of where we are when we drive and was taken back when I took a different exit off the freeway. He asked where we were and I said Redmond. This is the beginning of "funny" moment #1:

Dean asked, "Redmond 052 or Redmond 053?"
"052", I said.
"Oh, it doesn't look like 052! Wait, wait...I know where we are - we're near the Redmond - Bellevue area" (51st street exit off 520)
"That's right - we are."

For those of you wondering what "052" and "053" means; Redmond has two (actually three) zip codes, 98052 and 98053. I don't know, I thought it was funny and still has me chuckling this morning.

It took only ten minutes for "funny" moment #2 to take place from the other son.
The treat was a small Slurpee from 7-11. For those of you aware of yesterday's weather it was an odd choice, but for .99 I thought it was fine. The boys thought I was awesome...so that is far more valuable for sugar water. On the way home the following took place from Reed:

"I love Slurpee's!" announced Reed.
"What flavor did you get again?" asked Dad.
"Watermelon."
"I'm sure that's a great flavor."
"Ah, Dad?"
"Yes?"
"I don't think Mom would like us drinking this because I think this Slurpee has like 22 grams of sugar in it!"
"Well that's why it's called a treat," I explained.

Where he came up with 22 grams of sugar I don't think I'll ever know...however, between the zip codes and grams of sugar a few memories were created.

5 comments:

John Hilton III said...

i'm loving the frequent blog postings...keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Beth and I thought that was very funny. I can hear Dean and Reed saying that!

Jennifer said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!! How great! My nephews say the darndest things!! I'm glad you recorded this pricless moment! Can't wait to see you in Maui!!!

Cindy Robinson said...

Adam,
you can get sugar free slurpees.

MOM said...

What clever grandsons I have!